Friday, August 5, 2011

Summers Abundance


Where have I been?

Good question.
- time goes by so fast these days - I wonder my self.
I can't believe it's going towards the end of summer...at least here on the 48th parallel.



This summer has been filled with many new things.
First of all my hubs built me a beautiful garden shed- where I can finally store all my garden stuff.




But mostly this!
He kicked me and my wool out of his garage.

I bought 36 fleeces from a wonderful local woman.
 33 Shetland fleeces and 3 Llama fleeces.


So you can guess what I have been up to these past weeks
yep, washing fleece up to my eyeballs.



....and then of course it's the dyeing.

I have found some awesome new organic dyes - that I use with also the reg. dyes, but the color combinations that I have been mixing are over the moon.

Color therapy.


Drying under the Big Sky.

Hubby made a makeshift drying rack
from sawhorses and leftover fencing- works great.




I purchased a new drum carder -

This "mad carder" is absolutely amazing.
It eats up everything in sight.

My walls in my studio is filled to the top with all kinds of colored fleeces ready to be carded.
weeeeeeeeee...


I once saw a picture of a woman in a magazine that had a whole wall filled with beautifully dyed skeins.
always wishing that was me

I have worked so hard this summer for this to happen- but is all worth it.
 Can not wait to start creating beautiful batts and start spinning from all the colorful fleeces.



Saving the best for last.
My new "Aura " wonder.
Hand made and signed.
All the way from New Zealand.
Yes, worth every penny.



I wanted to say that
"I am as happy as a clam..."
 but as they are quite hard to find in Montana

...I'll say

I am happy as this little pig!

3 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you...and to see what you've been up to. How exciting to be making your dream come true. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I am so happy to see you are at work.
    Sure do miss you!
    It is getting time for knitting again.
    Am so looking forward to what you might do!
    Happy Summer and big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Camilla!!!
    Här är du ju :) Du har startat din dröm....jag blev så glad när jag hittade dig här och ser att du håller på med din favoritsyssla......så mycket vackert!!!
    Önskar dig all lycka!
    Kramar från Clara (Christin) från Sverige
    Claras Linneskåp...remember ? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanx for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!